This webinar, recorded on September 30th, 2021, discussed the second in a series of case studies examining extended producer responsibility (EPR) systems in various locations around the world and explored opportunities and challenges for waste pickers in EPR, with SWaCH’s Cooperative System for Multi-Layered Packaging.
- Alok Gogate (Head-Operations, SWaCH Cooperative)
- Supriya Bhadakwad (Waste picker and member of SWaCH Cooperative)
- Lubna Anantakrishnan (Project Coordinator at SWaCH Cooperative)
- Ankit Gupta (Manager-Sustainability, Corporate EHS Department, ITC Ltd)
- Eli Kodisang – African Reclaimers Organization (ARO)
Produced by the Global Alliance of Waste Pickers (Globalrec) and WIEGO, this series seeks to understand how the increasing adoption of EPR policies and systems around the world can threaten or enhance the livelihoods of informal waste pickers who have traditionally been key actors in the recycling and reuse of materials.
The webinar is also available in Hindi: